The First Post

Not only is this my first post to this blog..but this is my first attempt at blogging (livejournal is SO different.) So, lets make this the introduction entry!

My name is Nicole and I am 23 years old. I am originally from Massachusetts and have recently moved to North Carolina. Most people don't understand why I moved here; I did not come for schooling or a job..I am just winging it. Some of my interests include cooking, eating, traveling, live music, shopping, scrapbooking, and anything fun and exciting!

Before I moved I jokingly signed up for a dating website. Mostly I was looking for people to show me where to hangout in my new neighborhood. Instead, old men sent me poetry and a few good looking guys sent me pick-up lines. There was only one guy who really stuck out to me. However, I thought it was weird that he sent me his phone number right away. I admit I was a little creeped out, so I messaged his number using AIM. That night I went out, got a little tipsy..and came home and actually used my phone to text him.

We hit it off right away..we were constantly texting, asking each other all sorts of questions and discovering things that we had in common. Before I even moved we decided that we would meet. I was excited to have a date before I even moved!

This boy happens to be a Marine. He was nervous to tell me because, according to him, Marine's get a bad rap. This is something that I still don't understand..everyone who I have told has nothing bad to say about that. However, according to message boards...not everyone is so lucky.

The reason I am writing this blog is to share my feelings, adventures, and life of a Marine girlfriend. I will probably also have questions for other Marines girlfriends/fiances/wives. I want girls to feel free to share their stories and advice.

I look forward to posting and sharing my stories with you!