Review: Ann Taylor LOFT items in XXSP and 00P

Popped into a LOFT store today for the first time in ages, and was surprised to find several 00P and XXSP items in stock! Armed with my 30% off coupon (print here), I tried on the following:

1. Cotton Wrap Dress in 00P - decent fit and classic silhouette, but the material was crisp cotton. I personally prefer wrap dresses to be in jersey material that conforms more to the body. Verdict: no buy.


2. Tiered Knit Skirt in XXSP - probably the worst of the bunch. Based on the model photo, I envisioned this skirt would sit high on the waist. Instead, a XXSP was so large at the waist that it had to sit at my hips, and the length covered my knees. The knit tiers were also just too much for a petite garment. Verdict: no buy.

3. Knit Empire Waist Dress in XXSP - There was once a time when I found empire-waisted dresses to be flattering ... and that time has passed. I'm sure this dress would look better with heels, as in the model photo, but the flowy and longer skirt was unflattering on me. I also think it looks better in solid colors than prints. Verdict: no buy.

6. Ruffle Front Top in XXSP - I actually really liked the close fit of this top and the easy-to-wear lightweight cotton material. This top also comes in white and a taupe-gray ("coastal fog"), but were sold out in small sizes. Verdict: Would have bought this in the white. I'm not too sad that my size wasn't available, because this is rather similar to the J.Crew Grand Ruffle Tank that I'm sure all of you are tired of seeing!

7. V-Neck Cardigan in XXSP - there were lots of petite cardigans available, but I was drawn to the longer length on this one. Comes in three colors. The XXSP on me was a close fit, and very comfy. This pic really doesn't do it justice esp. because the cardigan blends into my jeans. Verdict: would have bought, if I had not discovered Martin & Osa's lightweight long cardigan.

8. Bow Chain Tank in XXSP - sorry again for an unclear photo, but this is a rather darling tank and comes in navy or white. There is a chiffon bow, plus delicate (removable) chains across the front. A XXSP was very tiny, and I probably could have sized up. My only issue with this is the ribbed knit ... I'm not sure why, but I don't like ribbing. Maybe because it adds a millimeter of extra bulk, I don't know. Verdict: no buy, but I still find this to be very cute, and can see it tucked into a white or khaki pencil skirt.

So all in all ... no score for me from AT, LOFT, BR, nor Bloomies! I'm almost in disbelief! I'm trying not to buy something unless I absolutely love it, regardless of how cheap or on sale it is. Hopefully this discipline pays off soon, in the form of a small Chanel gray flap : )

Anyone else check out the sales that started Tuesday? Hopefully you guys fared better than I did!