Happy Birthday, Boo!

My baby turns 14 today! I'm happy for Jacy, but sad for me. He's my baby, after all. He'll be driving in two years...sheesh! Where does the time go?


I am actually very lucky to have him. When I was four months pregnant, a young woman side-swiped my car. I barreled out of the car so fast, yelling at her that I am pregnant. Well, I must have scared her because she drove away. I was so pissed! Later that night, her father shows up at my door yelling at me for yelling at her and insisting the accident was my fault. I explained that she passed me on the left just as I was getting ready to turn left into my driveway, then the kids' father comes storming in the room telling the father he was going to sue them because it was clearly his daughter's fault and I am pregnant. The father apologized and somehow managed to leave without leaving insurance or contact information. I started hemorrhaging the next day.

I almost lost him and was on bed rest for the rest of the pregnancy, continuing to hemorrhage. So, you see, when Jacy has a birthday, it really is a special event for me (and him!). I almost didn't have the opportunity to celebrate his birthday every year :)