Featured Jewelry Teacher & Artist:Kharisma of Popnicute



These matching necklace and earrings (Lucky Clover Necklace and Earrings Set) are delicately and beautifully handcrafted by our featured artist of the day, Kharisma Ryantori. She calls her creations as the Popnicute jewelries and yes, they're all so cute that it's not hard to fall for them just like having that love at first sight feelings.

Almost all of her jewelries can be personalized, if you prefer that, like replacing the Swarovski crystal in the necklace above according to the color of your choice or be replaced by your birthstone.

She specializes in making jewelries out of Copper and Argentium Sterling Silver. It's very amazing to see how lovely are her jewelries because it's really hard to form different shapes out of these materials. But I guess, it's just natural for those talented people out there like her to create master pieces.



This is called La Lune Heart Wedding Necklace. La Lune means the moon and anyone wearing this will surely catch everyone's attention like a moon's beautiful shining light on a very dark evening.



Then we have here the Birds Nest Charm Bracelet. It's a perfect gift for your mother or sister or your best friend. They will surely thank you for this very unique charm.



This Angel Wings Earrings are superb and very magnificent to have. These earrings compliments the Birthstone Angel Necklaces. An October necklace is shown below.

To complete these series of featured jewelries from Popnicute, here's a beautiful and must have ring, the Spring Flowers Copper Ring.


I know you're all now in awe seeing these jewelries, right? Now, let's try to know the woman behind all these outstanding creations, Kharisma Ryantori.

Jane: Tell us about yourself such as where you are base and other than jewelry making, what is your full time job?

Kharisma: I'm based in Indonesia for now but soon I will move to another country to marry the guy I love. Jewelry is my full time job and I also do graphic designs and digital paintings on occasions.

Jane: When people start doing jewelry, they tend to try a lot of different things before settling down to something that resonates with them, tell us how has your jewelry work changed since you began?


Kharisma: I started very young at the age of 17. I took paper clay classes in summer vacation and was hooked. I made cute animal heads from it and sold them to my classmates as necklaces. They were hung on colorful plastic covered electrical wire. That was quite a successful small business for a high school student. My aunt who lived in Hongkong was very supportive and sent me craft books cos she knew I loved crafting. When she knew I was into jewelry, she sent me beading books and a bunch of acrylic beads and swarovski crystals along with some pliers. I learned to do simple stringing and then escalated to twisted wire style of jewelry. I was already in college by that time and sold my creations to my college mates. I got several custom orders too during that time from friends and family. Then college works started to overwhelmed me so I stopped doing jewelry almost all together. My aunts still ordered from me from time to time. After college ended, I tried selling my handmade jewelry with the help of my family. Most of them were very simple and super cheap. But then I got bored doing it because they didn't provide much challenge to make. Then one day in 2008, my fiancé showed me a wire wrapped jewelry submission in deviantart. It intrigued me so much I started to do some research but the type of wire just wasn't available in Indonesia. When he came to visit me in the summer, he brought me 7 spools colorful beading wire from the US and the rest is history :) Now I only work with Copper and Argentium Sterling Silver. I have tried other arts, too along the way but only jewelry-making remained to interest me.

Jane: What makes you to write tutorials?


Kharisma: I learned from many tutorials online to get to where I am now. Now I feel adequate enough, I thought I'd give back to the community sharing my knowledge to the world.

Jane: Tell us your plan in tutorials writing? Do you plan to work on more tutorials? If so, what techniques/designs you might most likely be teaching?



Kharisma: I actually prefer to teach how to make handmade components over finished jewelry, like how to make Toggle Clasp, Fused Heart, and how to make Wire Rose (upcoming tutorial). Because this will open more possibilities and teach people how to be creative using simple tools and materials. I have requests to do tutorials of my finished jewelry but I haven't finished writing any so far aside from my Peruvian Thread Earrings and Fabric Bangles tutorial (they both are pretty basic and have wide variation of results). I'm still considering whether these new tutorials would be a good tool for them to learn or simply only good to copy. I don't approve plagiarism.

Jane: Do you conduct classes? Where do you conduct the classes and how regular do you conduct the classes?



Kharisma: I have yet to conduct live classes. Would love to someday when I get time and opportunity to do so.

Jane: What would you like to work with/or what skill would you like to learn that you haven't yet?



Kharisma: I'd like to try my hands on soldering and metalsmithing in the future.





So that's what we hear from Kharisma. I guess, we all wish her the best for her love life and a congratulations in advance for her wedding. I bet, she's now preparing for the jewelries she will wear on that very special day.

So, guys and gals out there, do you want to have her jewelries? You can contact and see more of her master pieces at these websites:


Also, her featured tutorials can also be found on these sites. Enjoy shopping and learning! Have fun!





Download lots of free jewelry making tutorials at DiyLessons! Are you a jewelry (jewellery) making teacher/ tutor? You can also list your tutorials here too.

Don't miss a post! Subscribe to Handmade Jewelry Club by Email FREE

Find the website useful? You can easily link us using the codes below by just copy and paste them into your blog or website. You can also include the codes in your email and recommend it to your friends!Photobucket



Bookmark and Share