How to punch extra (non-crappy looking) holes into a belt

While purging my closet, I came across several belts that were a lil' too big. I thought about asking my boyfriend to punch extra holes into them, but after inspecting his own DIY belt hole job (see last pic below) I decided to pass...

I've heard so much about this revolving leather hole puncher on Amazon (see: PetiteXXS, AN forum, A.fashion.deliberation) but did not want to pay for shipping. I called around and discovered that Michaels Arts & Crafts and A.C. Moore carries it for $9.99, plus I found printable coupons online for both stores for 40% or 50% off one item. Silly me forgot my coupon, but ACMoore took it right off my iPhone ... score :D
This is so easy to use, it really does not warrant a video. I am just sharing some small tips in here, plus the bf's strong hand makes a guest appearance:


Verdict: A MUST HAVE for anyone who has ever had trouble finding belts in the right size - whether too big or too small. One of the best $5's I've ever spent! Just compare the holes I punched (bottom) vs. the one my bf poked the old-fashioned way, using an awl (top):
I don't recommend this for belts that are several sizes too big, because there will be too much length left over. I need to figure out what to do my flopping ends...I've heard about fashion tape, but I want a permanent solution! Any suggestions?