Guest Blogger - ArmyWife Style

I Was Once Friends With a Prostitute. Truth.

Soon after my husband left on his year long deployment I met some very cool girls that I knew would be great for me to pass time with... What I didn't know (and what most of us didn't know) is that one of us/them was a hooker.

Now I'm not sure if I was just oblivious, naive, blind or what. The signs that something was off were all there.
She told us she worked from home. Though she told us all different things. Some people she told she worked for an investment banker, some a real estate guy, others a guy who built houses. So this in itself was fishy. She told another friend she worked in a hotel and got paid $500 just to show up. That friend immediately started suspecting prostitution. But she kept it to herself.

One day one of our mutual girlfriends and I decided to drop by because we were on that side of post.  Well we got there and there was a strange man in the house. (a row house, on post). We were a bit confused but Hooker acted like he was an old friend but specifically said not to mention it because Mr. Hooker wouldn't be happy that she had a guy staying with her. Now we had never heard of her friend... Let's call him Jon 1. So I am not sure why we were not more suspicious.

Next thing we know Hooker is flying out on business and getting a $2000 bonus just for going. Very fishy. And we weren't sure what kind of business went down in MO when she claimed her boss was based out of TX.

We had a falling out sometime in December, and then 2 weeks later a mutual friend told me that Hooker was a hooker. And got her clients through craigslist, and that was how she met her husband. They have one of those contract marriages you always hear about in the military, so they are not just a myth like I previously believed.

So basically whenever you go on craigslist personals for a laugh, remember that one of your friends might be making a living by contacting these guys back.

Krista can be found at ArmyWife-Style