Petite Lookbook: Floral & Linen

As temperatures dipped into the 50's last week, I was thankful for this linen scarf from H&M. I'm not entirely sure how to wear it, though, because it's bigger than I would like. In the photos it is wrapped twice then knotted in the front - feels like I have a donut around my neck. I might try taking off some volume by cutting it in half lengthwise.
Cardigan: J.Crew lightweight bling sz XS (similar here)
Skirt: Ann Taylor Tropical Wool in "Soft Pewter" sz 00P (sold here)
Pumps: Ann Taylor Perfect Exotic Pumps sz 5 (sold here)
Akoya pearl necklace: 35" long 7-8mm, from eBay
Scarf: H&M

Overall this is a very non-exciting, but comfortable outfit. The Ann Taylor skirt has become my seasonal favorite - I wear it probably once a week. I think I lost a few lbs since my NYC overeating days, so the hips are now baggy on me. Nevertheless the fit is still acceptable, and I can't wait to pick up more non-black colors. I was eying the Ground Pepper but it is currently out in 00P.

I'm also trying out new makeup products in an effort to update my 5-minute work face for Spring. New items I'm wearing: Rock & Republic blush in Spank (my first blush) bought thanks to a review by Jen of Frmheadtotoe, and Revlon Matte Lipstick in Pink Pout - a creamy lilac pink. A little color goes a long way in adding life to a dull face!


I was really excited to discover that lightweight cardigans can be tucked into skirts. Untucked, this J.Crew cardigan hits me at hip-length, and doesn't look as flattering because it truncates the lines of the pencil skirt. Tucked in, however - the silhouette is clean, and I feel like I have a waist again.