Petite Lookbook: Old Bananas in the Closet

Last week I dug out an old Banana Republic dress from the back of my closet, blew off the layers of dust, and tried to breathe new life into it. I ended up pairing it with two other BR oldies. This ruffled cardigan is from Fall/Winter '09. You may remember seeing it on AlterationsNeeded here ... it's so loose on her in comparison!
Ruffle Cardigan: Banana Republic XXSP
Woven Belt: Banana Republic XS
Silk Dress: Banana Republic 00P
Pumps: Aldo sz 35

I've had a lot of ladies ask me where to buy small belts, and I always recommend BR XXS. Here is a pebbled black leather belt, on sale. A fellow petite recommends Boden, who also makes several belts in sz XXS. Here is a snakeskin skinny belt that comes in several colors.

I couldn't decide whether I liked this outfit better belted over the outside, or belted under the cardigan. What do you guys think?

The dress in action. Enjoying an al-fresco bento lunch with my coworker:

So this silk sheath dress was one of my first 00P purchases ever...I remember *loving* it and being so excited to find a size that actually "fit." I even wanted to get a second one in purple! However, upon trying it on last week for the first time in years, I was surprised at how poorly it actually fit...

The bust on this sz 00P dress was so big, it could probably accommodate a 34C. My coworkers even commented on the loose "boob flap" in the chest area (visible in the above pic). But alas, this dress is 100% silk and fully lined with a side zip - I have no motivation to spend $ to get it altered. A belt-and-cardigan combo sufficiently conceals the bagginess and gets the job done.

Good thing I didn't buy one in a second color. Several inches of extra width on the waist and hips:

Has anyone else ever tried on something old that you used to love, only to go, "what was I thinking?" I think that being in the blogging community has made me so much selective with my purchases...and thankfully so!