I Guess It's True What They Say...

You know how people say you marry someone very similar to your father? I never wanted to believe it, but I think it might be true.

There are certain things about my Dad that drives me nuts. This is so small and insignificant that you will probably think I'm crazy for letting this aggravate me. My Dad likes guessing games. Every night, since before I can even remember, my Dad would take the newspaper out and flip to the section of celebrity birthdays. "Nicole, how old do you think so-and-so is today." Um, number one..I don't really care. And number two, why is it whenever you ask me these questions I'm always sitting either reading a book or watching a good show! Sometimes I would play along (if I knew the answer!) other times..I would just let my Mom guess. Honestly, I don't know why it bugged me. Maybe it's because if I didn't get he would do the "Oh, come on, just guess."

Danny also likes games. For instance, he was eating butterscotch pudding..looks at me and says "If you had to rename butterscotch pudding, what would you call it?" Uh..I don't know. "Oh, come on, what would you name it?" Can't you see I'm very into Facebook stalking right now and I don't even remember what butterscotch pudding tastes like?!

I've come to learn that me and Dad are more similar than I ever thought. We are both creatures of routine..mess it up and our entire day is off. We both love the "do you know who sings this" game (the only guessing game I like!) We both bond with dogs easily. And we both never realized how much we actually do get along until we were miles apart.

Oh, and don't you think my Dad looks shockingly similar to Dennis Quaid?!