EtsyBloggers: July 9th Blog Carnival - Contentment

Topic to blog: July's birthstone is the ruby which symbolizes contentment, blog about the colors red/ruby/ or what you need to be content.
 
This is a challenging topic for me. One, red is not one of my favorite colors, which probably explains why two,  I've never considered myself in a content state.  Since I can remember I have had thought after thought run through my head, that even my thoughts had their own thoughts. haha. 

I find it strange that red would be considered a color of contentment. To me, red is too energetic and stimulating.  I do have a few pieces in my shop that are red. Just because I don't like it, doesn't mean others don't. I can honestly say, I do not own one piece of red clothing. I'm a pale skinned, freckled faced red head. And the combination of the 3 and the red shirt only makes me look a little green. The other 4 red heads in my family have the same problem. Anyway, back to the red pieces I can talk about. I made the red pieces fun and exciting. To me that's what the color resonates for me.