Thrift store tips for petites

I know some people are iffy about shopping in thrift stores (but some love it!) and I completely understand both sides. On one hand, there could be good & cheap finds to be had, but on the other hand...who really wants to be spotted rummaging around at the local Goodwill? 
Based on my last thrifting trip, here are my recommended areas for petites:

1. Vintage Belts
According to the CDC, the avg. weight for an American woman is 25 lbs more today than it was in 1960. That means older belts should fit considerably smaller than current day ones. Evidence:

- 2 vintage belts I found at thrift store, sz Small: 25.5 inches at the smallest hole, 32 inches total length.

VERSUS "current"belts I bought this year:

- J.Crew sz Small: 27 inches around the waist at the smallest hole, 36 total length.
- Banana Republic sz XS: 28 inches around the waist at the smallest hole, 36 total length. Nuts!

Although leather punchers can add an extra hole, my pet peeve is the leftover length that flops around. My current-day belts have an extra four inches in length!

2. Lightweight Scarves
Silk, lightweight cotton, etc, are all good options to jazz up a plain outfit. Lightweight scarves are also usually one-size-appropriate-for-all (bulky winter scarves - not so much). Just make sure to wash purchases vigorously after you get home!


3. Vintage Jewelry
I always check out the bold vintage earrings, neckalces, and brooches, but so far no finds.

5 minutes is all it takes to make these three pit stops. A lot of thrift stores also have "sales" ... for example, I went to my local one when they were having a 50% off day, lol!

Readers - do you guys love or hate thrift store shopping? Those who love - share your favorite finds!