Days 5, 6 & 7: Portraits, Roadtrips and Jesus

REWIND: Thursday night Kaleb got homesick. He went to bed and about a half hour later he came out of the room crying. He called his mom and talked to his brother and sister. He fell asleep watching Spiderman with his Daddy. Friday morning...it was like nothing even happened!

Hallelujah! Danny fixed my coffee pot! Kaleb watched Monsters Inc. (again) and I enjoyed a nice big cup of coffee! We, of course, played the Wii (my right arm is jacked...and really sore,) went for a scooter ride, played the memory game, and read a few books. And drew silly pictures of each other. And he was a hungry man! TWO pancakes for breakfast and TWO pb&j's for lunch! And snacks galore!

Kaleb with Miley and his scooter

Kaleb's interpretive drawing of me...

After some yummy pizza we got on the road....this time to Summerville, South Carolina! Kaleb and Miley passed out for the whole trip. Which was great, until we got to my Aunts and they were both WIDE awake! We ended up having to put Miley in her cage for the night...and I was able to sleep in until 8:30! The latest I have slept in months.


It was atleast 150 degrees out. Or, atleast my skin felt like it was that hot! We had a water day at my cousin Jessica's house. The kids ran in the sprinkler, slip and slide, water balloons and jumped on the trampoline. They were all kind of cranky, but I think they had fun! Kids these days....all they want to do is sit in front on the TV and play video games!


Did you know my husband could play the piano? Neither did I!


We had a cookout at my Aunts house. Jess made the family favorite, picked pork! Don't knock it til you try it! We had some laughs (my aunt yelled out JESUS! and my 3 year old cousin repeated it. Jessica tried covering it up by saying cheese-its...but then he said "no...Jesus!" Too funny!) And, you might have guessed it, the kids played video games.

Kaleb didn't want to leave Sunday morning. I couldn't wait to get back home. I'm getting old, I missed my bed, my shower....everything about being at my own house! We made the trek back home. And my pup was exhausted!


The first week with Kaleb has been great. I love when Miley cuddles with him, when he says I'm a good cook and when him and Danny are having quality time together. I have no idea what we are doing this week...but I'm hoping we get to do more fun stuff before he leaves!

Oh. And best part of Sunday night? Miley stole Kaleb's underwear...so we made her wear it!



30 Day Meme is here
Giveaway is here (ends on the 13th at midnight!) Only five people have entered..if I don't get atleast 5 more I'm going to postpone it. But if you have already entered, I'll give you a few extra entries!
Stock up on your summer essentials here