Homesick

I missed the bridal shower for my Uncle and his soon-to-be wife. Someone posted pictures on Facebook and it broke my heart that I missed it. Everyone looked like they were having so much fun. What makes it even worse are the comments people leave. "Nicole, you missed a great time." "Should have been there Nicole!" YES, I know. Thanks for reminding me.

I called my Mom to talk about our weekend in South Carolina and we talked about the party for a little bit. She started to tell me a story and said "remember at Grampy's 70th birthday party?...oh wait, nevermind..." Yea, I missed that one too. Thanks for the reminder.

I cried myself to sleep last night. Not just tears...but the hyperventilating-unable to tell Danny what was wrong type of crying.

As if she could read my mind, a distant cousin sent me this on Facebook for me to wake up to:

Nicole, I know what it is like being a young married couple living out of state and feeling like you are missing everything! When my husband Mike and I got married at 21 years old we lived in Georgia and then onto Florida and really missed home. We ended up back in Massachusetts. We will be married for 30 years next year! You will find that you and Daniel will have a bond like no one else does because you are away from home and thererfore you are close to each other. It is a very special time for you both and it will carry you through many years of happiness because through the homesickness you are there for each other. You will look back on these times as paying your dues, but it will also be some of the happiest times of your lives! See you in 2 weeks. Remember, you are missed but never absent. 

Does it ever get better?